FOR PROFESSIONAL CREATIVE GROOMER USE ONLY. Recommended rich years of creative grooming experience. Always check the skin’s health before use. If used incorrectly, the product may have a higher risk of allergic reactions or burns on the skin. Read the instructions carefully.
OPAWZ Lightening Cream is rich in nutrient oils, which are milder than traditional bleaching powder, and can help prevent the hair from drying out and breaking when lightening.
Suitable for healthy adult dogs and horses. Cannot be used on elderly or pregnant pets. Cannot be used on cats or small animals. Recommended to use 1-2 weeks prior to dyeing. The color will only lift dark hair to brown or light blond, not white, so light color dyes are not recommended for use after lightening as they will not show up.
This value pack includes:
PRE-TEST: Always do a pre-test 48 hours prior to application. Do not bathe pets in advance. Double-check to make sure that there is no damage, redness, and/or swelling on the skin of the areas that will be lightened. Portion Lightening Cream and Developer at a ratio of 1:2 and mix well. Apply test patch to areas, making sure to touch the hair roots and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes (do not touch the roots when doing the actual lightening). If the pet does not experience any discomfort, the normal lightening process can proceed.
Pet does not require bathing before application. Comb hair well (avoid using combs with sharp needle tips to avoid damaging hair) and check there is no damage, redness, and swelling on the skin on all areas that need to be dyed. Mix Lightening Cream and Developer thoroughly at a ratio of 1:2, apply evenly on the area, and keep 1/2 inch (1 cm) away from the roots. Leave at room temperature for about 25 minutes. Rinse the mixture off with room temperature water (~25℃), apply Deep Cleanse Shampoo and lather well. Rinse clean and dry.
- Cannot be used for pets that have damaged, inflamed, or sensitive skin. Be especially careful to not let product touch the skin on ears, tail, or spine, keep 1/2 inch (1 cm) away from the roots - these areas secrete more oils and may be prone to develop skin problems if not well maintained. The spine may also be more sensitive due to frequent exposure to high temperatures from the use of clippers.
- Avoid the eyes and mouth. If it happens, rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes. The product contains hydrogen peroxide, and pets may vomit if swallowed by mistake. Veterinarians often use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting on pets who swallow by mistake.
- Do not use any wraps or apply heat. Observe the pet’s reactions during use. If there is scratching or other signs of discomfort, stop using immediately, and rinse with water at about 25℃. Excessive water temperature may cause pets to feel discomfort with skin.
- Do not apply color dye right after lightening. The suggested interval between lightening and coloring 1-2 weeks. The possible residual grease/oil from lightening will affect the coloring result. This also gives the pet more time to rest.
- Not recommended for use on large areas. Not recommended for use multiple times a year.