OPAWZ Pet Expo Spring 2023 - Creative Grooming Contest Rules & Guidelines
Contest Date & Time
Friday, April 7
11am-2pm: work on finishing touches
2-3pm: judge & announce winners
March 31 (first come, first serve basis)
- 1st Place - $500 cash
- 2nd Place - $300 cash
- 3rd place - $100 OPAWZ gift card
Equipment Provided at Contest Venue
- Grooming tables
Please note: the creative grooming contest entry fee does not include the entry fee to Pet Expo.
Before the contest:
- Please pre-dye your dog. There will be no washing stations available at the contest venue.
At the contest:
- Contestants will be assigned grooming tables where they can work on finishing touches including:
- Trimming and razoring
- Styling with hair products
- Applying temporary colors (should you require an outlet for airbrush, please notify OPAWZ asap)
- Applying embellishments such as glitter, rhinestones, etc.
- All of the finishing work is to be worked on from 11am - 2pm
- Judging will begin at 2pm
- The groomers will be showing off their work to the audience one by one, where they will talk about their work
- If your design calls for it, you may also dress up and bring additional personal accessories
- Each groomer’s presentation will be allotted a maximum of 5 minutes (may be subject to change depending on final number of participants)
Please refer to the contest rules & guidelines below for more detailed information about the contest details.
Should you want to drop out of the contest, please notify OPAWZ no later than March 15th to receive a refund. Refunds will not be processed after March 15th.
* Some contest criteria may be subject to change. OPAWZ will notify participants ASAP if it happens.